Saturday, 11 June 2016

Home Learning Olympic Poetry

As part of this term's Home Learning I have offer the children the option of writing and Olympic themed poem. We have written lots of poetry during the year and the children have brilliant ideas and word choices.

I have mentioned on the Home Learning grid that I would offer you some ideas for writing poetry at home.

O is for Olympics- a list of words beginning with o then a few sentences using some of the words.

Acrostic poem, Each line starts with a letter from the word Olympics( written in order!)

A pyramid poem-here is my example!

                                                               The sprinter
                                                             The speedy sprinter
                                                          The speedy, fast sprinter
                                                  The speedy, fast as lightning sprinter
                                        The speedy ,fast as lightning sprinter wins the race
                           The speedy, fast as lightning sprinter wins the race and a gold medal!

I hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment